The D.C. Everest Teachers Association is committed:
- To work for the welfare of school children, the advancement of education, and the improvement of instructional opportunities for all.
- To develop and promote the adoption of such ethical practices, personnel policies, and standards of preparation and participation that mark a profession.
- To unify and strengthen the teaching profession and to secure and maintain the salaries, retirements, professional and sick leave, and other working conditions necessary to support teaching as a profession.
- To enable members to speak with a common voice on matters pertaining to the teaching profession and to present their individual and common interests before the Board of Education and other legal authorities.
- To hold property and funds to carry out the above purposes.
Membership in the D.C. Everest Teachers Association includes:
- Active Membership - - open to all certified teaching personnel including classroom teachers, reading teachers, special teachers, guidance counselors, librarians, and part-load teachers.
- Retired Membership - - open to retired certified teaching personnel who support the purposes and programs of the Association.
- Associate Membership - - open to any employee of the D.C. Everest Area School District who is interested in advancing the cause of public education.